Hollywood Neighborhood – Your New Home
The Lindley Team at Mortgage Express | 503.517.8641
Looking for a great shopping experience close to the MAX Light Rail System? Look no further than Hollywood! Shopping, restaurants and residential living make it an ideal neighborhood. But that’s not all – if you want to explore some children’s literature heritage as well then be sure to check out Beverly Cleary’s Klickitat Street series of books at the local library complete with a special walking tour just for book fans.
Hollywood is conveniently located along major streets for easy commuting (NE Broadway and Sandy, plus a ramp to I-84). You can catch the flavor of the area by driving diagonally from southwest to northwest on NE Sandy Boulevard starting at NE 37th Avenue and you will exit the neighborhood on NE 47th Avenue.
The neighborhood has two markets (Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods) along with a branch of the Multnomah County Library. With neighborhood shops, restaurants, a theater, and stores all within walking distance of most homes in the neighborhood.
Grant Park offers a unique collection of homes, from timeless classics to modern Craftsman and Cottage styles. In nearby Hollywood you can find your perfect home; whether it be an up-to-date condo or one converted from an exquisite apartment building.
Schools in the Neighborhood:
- Elementary and Middle: Beverly Cleary K-8
- High school: Grant High School
- Missing is a park, but it is just a few blocks to the 20-acre Grant Park. Grant Park is located at NE 33rd Avenue and US Grant Place and it has close to 20 acres. It has a baseball field, basketball court, soccer field, softball field, tennis court, restroom, dog off-leash area, picnic site, picnic tables, wading pool, and playground. The park also has an outdoor pool, a 25-yard shallow pool with a kid slide and 25-yard deep pool, heated to 84 degrees. The water depths of the pool range from 2-8 feet.
- The Beverly Cleary Sculpture Garden at Grant Park celebrates author Beverly Cleary’s colorful characters. the writer grew up in this neighborhood, and Grant Park is where her stories take place. Statues of Henry Higgins with his dog, Ribsy, and Ramona in her rain gear stand around a central fountain. Lee Hunt, a local artist, designed the garden’s child-friendly bronze sculptures.
- Chameleon Restaurant & Bar
Warm neighborhood bistro with a cozy covered patio serving Thai-influenced New American fare.
- Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe
Bright French bakeshop known for homemade breads & pastries serving egg dishes, salads & sandwiches.
- Killer Burger
Small spot serving big, creative hamburgers like Peanut Butter-Pickle-Bacon with bottomless fries.
- Nectar Cafe
Vegan cafe, fresh juice bar & house roasters coffee in a petite hangout with local art.
- Laughing Planet
Health-minded, counter-serve chain featuring creative, globally influenced bowls & burritos.
- Hollywood Theatre
Renovated Prohibition-era movie house featuring indie films on a 50-ft. screen & live performances.
- 24 Hour Fitness
4224 NE Halsey St, Portland, OR 97213
- Hollywood Fitness
5223 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97213
Coming from Hollywood Neighborhood? Here are easy to use directions straight to our office in Portland.
We love meeting with our clients face-to-face, whether you’re a first time home buyer, moving up to a newer home, looking to invest in real estate, or refinance, we’re here to be your preferred Portland Mortgage Lenders.
(Of course, a full application process is available online as well – just click here.)