Humboldt Neighborhood – Your New Home
The Lindley Team at Mortgage Express | 503.517.8641
Humboldt is a vibrant, youthful sanctuary located in the heart of inner North / Northeast Portland. Of all its contemporaries, it encapsulates best why so many flocks to modern-day Portland for unparalleled accessibility and an urban lifestyle. A cornerstone within Albina’s diverse landscape, this bustling neighborhood boasts enthusiastic residents with a profound passion for preserving the quality of life – from art walks & farmers markets to community organizations & gardens that truly bring people together as one big family!
A paradise for alternative commuting, owning a car in the Humboldt neighborhood is optional for day-to-day life. With bike lanes blanketing nearly every roadway, and close proximity to the MAX Yellow line along Interstate, commuting anywhere is extraordinarily easy. Locals here probably spend a lot of their time on Mississippi Avenue since they can walk there in less than five minutes or bike in a flash. Mississippi has just about everything the average person could need: many great restaurants, coffee shops, bars and retail shops.
The Humboldt neighborhood in Portland is complete with a little something for everyone. Whether you’re part of the bustling college scene or an independent retail lover, there are plenty of options to explore like Lompoc’s 5Q (Fifth Quarter), Pix Patisserie and Ristretto Roasters on Williams Avenue. Killingsworth Street offers even more unique finds such as Saraveza beer bottle shop, E’njoni Ethiopian Cafe & CoffeeHouse-Five! Not only that but this area boasts a range of architectural styles from Craftsman and Four Squares to Bungalows and Cape Cods – it doesn’t get any better than that! Of course, don’t forget about the century-old trees found along nearly every street – what could be more picture-perfect?
- High School: Jefferson High School and Rosemary Anderson High School
- College: Portland Community College – Cascade
- Lompoc’s 5Q (Fifth Quarter)
Industrial-chic Lompoc Brewery location with hearty pub fare & a heated, dog-friendly patio.
- Pix Patisserie
Portland’s dessert oasis since 2001, serving up the city’s best macaroons, chocolates and patisserie. Awarded world’s best champagne and sparkling wine list.
Hip spot for many bottled & on-tap craft beers, savory pies & hearty Midwestern tavern fare.
- E’Njoni Cafe
Intimate East African restaurant offering Ethiopian & Eritrean fare & a traditional coffee ceremony.
Nearby parks and recreation:
- Sumner-Albina Park is the only park located physically in the Humboldt neighborhood. Though small, it serves as an event space for a very active and involved community in the Albina area. The park also features a stage and large mural painted by local artists, Chris Johnson and Jo Jackson.
- Peninsula Park is a formally designed neighborhood park, typical of the early 1900s. It includes the city’s first public rose garden (contributing heavily towards Portland’s eventual moniker) and first community center, a historically designated bandstand, and Portland’s second oldest playground. Planned by renowned Oregon architects Ellis Lawrence and Ormond R. Bean, the park was a result of Portland’s 1912 ‘City Beautiful’ movement. Completed in 1913, much remains of the original features, including the lantern-style streetlights, the stone pillars, vast brickwork, and the 100-year-old fountain in the center of the rose garden.
- Me Fitness Studios
4943 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR 97211
- Northwest Women’s Fitness Club
2714 Northeast Broadway Street, Portland, OR 97232
The Lindley Team is the top rated Mortgage Lender in Humboldt Neighborhood! The Tammi Lindley Team is proud to help you achieve your dreams of owning your own home, by offering various finance and loan options, and using our years of experience to make sure you are getting the best mortgage possible.
Coming from Humboldt Neighborhood? Here are easy to use directions straight to our office in Portland.
We love meeting with our clients face-to-face, whether you’re a first time home buyer, moving up to a newer home, looking to invest in real estate, or refinance, we’re here to be your preferred Portland Mortgage Lenders.
(Of course, a full application process is available online as well – just click here.)