Mount Tabor Neighborhood – Your New Home
The Lindley Team at Mortgage Express | 503.517.8641
Mount Tabor–named in honor of a Biblical landmark and the extinct volcano that towers over it—boasts breathtaking city and mountain views. This unique neighborhood offers easy access to downtown Portland, as well as a tranquil 195-acre park, all while mixing modest older homes with grand mansions. Enjoy this serene setting steeped in history!
Mount Tabor is one of only two cities in the continental U.S. to have an extinct volcano within its boundaries (the other city is Bend, Oregon). Mount Tabor is bordered by these neighborhoods: The neighborhood is noted for two features. The 196-acre Mount Tabor Park, including the maintenance yard, was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.
The other feature is the reservoirs, three of which were accepted to the National Register of Historic Places in January 2004. Hawthorne Boulevard, the street full of shops and restaurants, ends at the base of Mount Tabor Park and it’s one of the most used parks in the city. As you enter the park, you will immediately notice reservoirs. They hold a large portion of Portland’s drinking water, piped straight from the Bull Run Reservoir in the Cascades. The park has trails, bike paths, and stands of old-growth Douglas Firs and other trees. Catch a summer sun setting on downtown and the West Hills from the park.
Nestled in Portland, Mount Tabor is a picturesque and stable neighborhood. There’s something to suit everyone – from cozy cottages to sprawling estates; all tucked away on peaceful streets. Take the time for an uphill stroll and you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of nature paired perfectly with glimpses of city life off in the distance!
Restaurants / Establishments:
- The Country Cat – A husband-&-wife chef team turn out fresh, Southern-inspired comfort fare at wooden tables.
- Off the Griddle – Cozy choice for inventive vegan, vegetarian & gluten-free lunches, brunches & cocktails.
- Tabor Tavern – Welcoming pub offers gastropub fare in a rustic, wood-decked setting with multiple TVs.
- Apizza Scholls – Funky, no-nonsense spot attracting crowds with its handcrafted, thin-crust pies.
- Academy Theater – Historic theater featuring 2nd-run films, with pizza, beer & reservation-only babysitting.
- Kayak & Canoe Museum – Compact showcase for full-sized, educational replicas of indigenous peoples’ kayaks & canoes.
Schools in the Neighborhood:
- Elementary schools: Glencoe and Richmond
- Middle school: Mount Tabor Middle School
- High school: Franklin High School
- Mount Tabor Park
Large forested park covering an extinct volcano with tennis courts, a playground & 360-degree views.
- Mt Tabor SUN Community Cente
- MUV Fitness SE Portland
10414 SE Washington St, Portland, OR 97216
- 9Round Fitness
2714 NE 114th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98684
The Lindley Team is the top rated Mortgage Lender in Mount Tabor Neighborhood! The Tammi Lindley Team is proud to help you achieve your dreams of owning your own home, by offering various finance and loan options, and using our years of experience to make sure you are getting the best mortgage possible.
Coming from Mount Tabor Neighborhood? Here are easy to use directions straight to our office in Portland.
We love meeting with our clients face-to-face, whether you’re a first time home buyer, moving up to a newer home, looking to invest in real estate, or refinance, we’re here to be your preferred Portland Mortgage Lenders.
(Of course, a full application process is available online as well – just click here.)