A successful divorce settlement is a result of putting the pieces of the puzzle together in such a manner that both divorcing parties come out of the divorce whole.
When the divorce settlement involves real estate and mortgage financing, the Certified Divorce Lending Professional on your team plays a significant role in putting the pieces of the puzzle together by recognizing the hurdles and opportunities available for both parties.
The CDLP on your team plays a significant role:
It may be as simple as using the correct verbiage in the settlement agreement that can help or hinder the divorcing spouse from achieving mortgage financing. A CDLP can help you avoid these language traps! While it may not be top of mind to word the divorce settlement agreement to meet mortgage guidelines, it could significantly help divorcing clients avoid future hurdles and frustrations when obtaining future mortgage financing.
- You need a mortgage professional on your team that has a game plan for the mortgage financing needs of your divorcing clients.
- You need a mortgage professional that understands the legal and tax implications of mortgage financing in divorce situations.
- You need a mortgage professional that can identify support and maintenance issues that can create financing challenges post-decree.
- You need a mortgage professional that has the knowledge to help divorcing clients understand and evaluate their mortgage options related to cash flow and equity management.
- You need a mortgage professional that specializes in divorce lending strategies.
- You need a mortgage professional that can help you complete the divorce puzzle.
Always work with a Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP) when going through a divorce and real estate or mortgage financing is present.
If you have any questions regarding a client’s contingent liabilities and how it will be considered in qualifying for a future mortgage, please contact a Certified Divorce Lending Professional in your area today!