When a divorce involves real estate and mortgage financing – you need to work with a Certified Divorce Lending Professional.
A professional divorce team has a range of team players including the attorney, financial planner, accountant, appraiser, mediator and yes, a divorce lending professional. Every team member has a significant role in ensuring the divorcing client is set to succeed post-decree.
Certified Divorce Lending Professional:
A Certified Divorce Lending Professional brings the financial knowledge and expertise of a solid understanding of the connection between Divorce and Family Law, IRS Tax Rules and mortgage financing strategies as they all relate to real estate and divorce. Having a CDLP on your professional divorce team can provide you the benefit of:
- A CDLP is trained to recognize potential legal and tax implications with regards to mortgage financing in divorce situations.
- A CDLP is skilled in specific mortgage guidelines as they pertain to divorcing clients.
- A CDLP is able to identify potential concerns with support/maintenance structures that may conflict with mortgage financing opportunities.
- A CDLP can help you implement a strategic divorce settlement agreement ensuring the best opportunities to secure mortgage financing post decree.
- A CDLP is able to recommend financing strategies helping divorcing clients identify mortgage financing opportunities for maintaining the current marital home while helping to ensure the ability to achieve future financing for departing spouse.
- A CDLP is qualified to work with divorce professionals in a collaborative setting as another financial neutral.
- A CDLP can provide opportunities in restructuring a real estate portfolio to increase available cash flow when needed.
- A CDLP maintains a commitment to remain educated and up to date in the ever-changing industry guidelines and tax rules as they pertain to divorce situations.
- A CDLP is committed to providing a higher level of service to you and your divorcing clients.
“Nothing matters more in winning than getting the right people on the field. All the clever strategies and advanced technologies in the world are nowhere near as effective without great people to put them to work.” – Jack Welch, Winning
It is always important to work with an experienced mortgage professional who specializes in working with divorcing clients. A Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP) can help answer questions and provide excellent advice.
This is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal or tax advice. You should contact an attorney or tax professional to obtain legal and tax advice. Interest rates and fees are estimates provided for informational purposes only and are subject to market changes. This is not a commitment to lend. Rates change daily – call for current quotations.
Are you or someone you know going through a divorce where real estate or mortgage is involved? We are the highest rated Certified Divorce Lending Professionals in the Pacific Northwest. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation:
503.517.8641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.